Motion graphs tell the story of an objects displacement, velocity or acceleration through the time of its journey.
Understanding the motion of objects can help physicists predict how objects move. These objects could be protons in an accelerator, distant galaxies or even a motor car.
The most common use of motion graphs is by the transportation authorities when analysing air accidents.
Here is a picture of the motion data taken from a black box aboard an airliner.
|The black box is actually orange|
- Basic velocity Time Graph
- Ball in air and car going up a slope velocity graphs.
- Total displacement from a velocity time graph
- Velocity time graph of a ball launched into the air.
- Velocity Time Graph of a Bouncing Car
- Derivation of the Kinematic equations
- Kinematic Problems Worked Examples 1
- Kinematics ProblemsWorked Examples 2
After reviewing the notes and videos feel free to download these blank notes sheets.
After reviewing the notes and videos feel free to download these blank notes sheets and use them for your own summary notes